Over the past few years, there has been an explosive growth of interest in both fundamental research and device applications based on Transparent Conductive Materials (TCMs).
This unique class of fascinating wide band-gap materials is gaining a variety of cutting-edge applications in the fields of, among others, solar cells, gas sensors, electrochromic, thermochromic and smart windows, in architectural coatings as well as in organic light-emitting diodes, liquid crystal and high definition displays in which they are regarded as the main candidates for the forthcoming “post-Si” electronics era.
Driven by the tremendous worldwide research activities that range from fundamental physics to materials fabrication and TCM-based device development, the International Board Members of TCM (former TCO), following the success of the past six conferences, have decided on the organization of the follow-up TCM2018 Conference at the same attractive location of Crete in October 14 – 19, 2018.
More information on http://www.tcm2018.org/
NEW: TCM 2018 includes the 5th E-MRS / MRS-Japan bilateral symposium on Advanced Oxides
We aim to make the symposia an opportunity to contribute toward the development of advanced functional oxide materials. Oxides have been attracting attention as next generation electronic materials showing unique and novel functionalities. The strong electron and/or spin correlation produces oxides showing various functions such as superconductivity, dielectricity, magnetism and so on. This symposium devotes an exchange of information about the fabrication processes and the properties of functional-oxide based bulk and thin films. The fabrication of novel heterostructures and nanostructures consisting of the different kinds of oxides has been enabling us with the development of innovative functional devices exhibiting unexpected and novel properties in recent years. Interaction between fundamental materials science and applied science will promote our idea and lead to discovery and innovation based on new concept design.
The bilateral symposium will cover a wide range of topics relating to science and technology of
oxide materials including, but not limited to:
- Bulk, thin films, heterostructures, nanostructures, nanosheets of functional oxides and their fabrication processes.
- Oxide materials exhibiting insulating, superconducting, dielectric, ferroelectric, ferromagnetic, maltiferroic, magnetoelectric, and so on.
- Application of oxide thin films for renewable energy and next generation plasmonics: photovoltaics, water splitting, solid oxide fuel cells,
advanced batteries, thermoelectrics, low-optical-loss NIR plasmonics and so on.
- Functional-oxide based devices such as power devices, chemical sensor and resistive memory, and their fabrication.
- Theory and computational science on crystal structure, physical properties, device process and functionality for functional oxide materials.
More information on http://emrs_mrs_j.tcm2018.org/