EIT RawMaterials - Global Digital RACE 2020
Global Digital RACE is a 3-day virtual challenge-based learning programme across the raw materials value chain that unites sustainability pioneers to connect, learn, and innovate for the pressing, raw material challenges for Future Mobility. Help us unlock solutions to making mobility sustainable.
Global Digital RACE will take place on 19-21 November 2020. Anyone can register and can do so here, either registering as a Viewer (following lectures) or a Racer (following lectures + developing solutions). We aim to involve 2000 people worldwide.
The theme of the Global Digital RACE 2020 is “Raw Materials for Future Mobility” and participants will be able to profit from an exciting, interactive programme:
- Challenges from our Industrial and Municipal Partners: Atlantic Copper, Cornish Lithium, International Raw Materials Observatory, Audi, World Economic Forum / Global Battery Alliance, Northvolt, City of Torino, Region of Skelleftea, Energy&Strategy, Umicore.
- Lectures from our Experts: EIT RawMaterials, DG ENV, Cornish Lithium, Audi, Chalmers University, City of Torino, ICLEI, Vito, Helmholtz-Zentrum-Dresden-Rossendorf, Automobiel Recycling Nederland, and many more. Check out the programme here.
- HR Matchmaking Sessions: Audi, Atlantic Copper, Northvolt and more to come.
Groupwork (for Racers): Develop solutions to one of the industry Challenges and secure your spot to pitch on 25 November 2020.
During the Global Digital RACE, you will have the unique opportunity to:
- Work and receive insights from the world’s leading experts from industry, academia and policy.
- Experience the raw materials challenges and opportunities in Future Mobility at global partners across the entire value chain
- Deepen your understanding of the circular economy and pressing raw materials challenges to make transportation sustainable
- Meet and exchange ideas with international peers
- Develop and pitch solutions to Future Mobility challenges in diverse and interdisciplinary teams
The RACE wants to take you through the entire value chain, including:
- Exploration, Mining & Processing
What does the mine of the future look like? Learn how the mining industry is preparing to respond to the transport revolution underway and extract raw materials from the earth in sustainable ways.
- Development & Manufacturing
Learn more about how manufacturers pursue a sustainable strategy to develop and manufacture its products.
- Use phase & Start ups
Investigate the new ways to optimise flows of people, goods and energy in urban areas.. Learn more about disruptive technology by having the chance to hear from some exciting entrepreneurs and start-ups.
- Closing Loops
Explore ways of recovering precious materials.
The programme is still under development, keep an eye on this space for new updates!