As an adhering body of the International Union of Materials Research Societies (IUMRS), the E-MRS enjoys and benefits from very close relationships with other Materials Research organizations elsewhere in Europe and around the world.
The International Union of Materials Research Societies was established in 1991 as an international association of technical groups or societies which have an interest in promoting interdisciplinary materials research.
- Facilitate international cooperation among materials research organizations
- Contribute to the advancement of materials research in all its aspects
- Advance the multidisciplinary nature of materials research internationally
- Promote information exchange among national or regional societies with interests in interdisciplinary materials research and work to coordinate their activities
- Promote communication of international materials research activities through appropriate media
- Encourage well established materials research symposia to rotate through available meeting sites of materials research societies.
- Foster the establishment of national or regional groups or societies whose primary interest is in interdisciplinary materials research
- Provide information to developing materials research societies or groups concerning services that may be available from established societies or groups
- Organize and provide sponsorship for international materials research meetings and related events, such as workshops, summer schools, topical meetings, etc., on subjects falling within the scope of the Union
- Set up commissions or committees for special projects
- Participate in joint commissions with other scientific bodies in matters of interest to the Union.
For more information: http://www.iumrshq.org/