Critical Raw Materials Innovation Network Towards an integrated community driving innovation in the field of critical raw material substitution for the benefit of EU industry - CRM-InnoNet
Coordinator: Chemistry Innovation Limited, UK
CRM-InnoNet runs from November 1, 2012 to April 30, 2015
Programme type: 7th Framework Programme
Subprogramme Area: Substitution of critical raw materials: networking, specifying R&D needs and priorities
Contract type: Support actions
The overall aim of the project is to create an integrated community that will drive innovation in the field of critical raw material substitution for the benefit of EU industry.
The project will:
- Deliver a mapping of on-going initiatives in the field of substitution of CRM at the EU level and Member States that will allow for the identification of key champions and synergies. The mapping will also consider other initiatives of international character.
- Develop a methodology to establish clear criteria for the prioritisation of applications which are at threat and the technological and non-technological needs regarding the substitution of CRM.
- Propose a roadmap for the substitution of CRM in coordination and cooperation with all stakeholders across the CRM substitution value chain while paying close attention to the specificities of critical industrial sectors as well as possible synergies.
- Create one or more Pole(s) of Excellence in the field of substitution of CRM that will ensure the relevance and usefulness of the project results and constitute a dynamic, open and proactive platform for the entire stakeholder community aiming to support and enhance the competitiveness of the EU industry and economy. CRM-Innonet will carry out a feasibility study considering the potential models and routes for this Pole(s) to endure after the project termination and decide upon concrete future actions in this respect.
- Prepare a document containing recommendations, future initiative ideas and suggested actions for policy makers with the widest possible endorsement and consensus of all stakeholders involved.
The CRM-InnoNet consortium is comprised of recognised and experienced key actors across the value chain of substitution of CRM representing academia, research establishments and industry bodies of relevant sectors that will ensure a wide European coverage and high potential to reach and engage other necessary players across the European Research Area.
Further information under: http://www.criticalrawmaterials.eu/
European Project FP7-NMP - 2012.4.1-4
Project Nr 319024
1st strategic workshop and network launch event
April 15th 2013
Substitution Of Critical Raw Materials - Importance For European Industry Workshop
September 16th 2013
Warsaw University of Technology, in the frame of the E-MRS Fall Meeting 2013
European Raw Materials Information and Brokerage event
November 13th 2013
Workshop of the Innovation Network for Substitution of Critical Raw Materials
May 14th 2014
Susbstitution of Critical Raw Materials - Importance for European Electronics Industry Workshop
October 6th 2014
3rd Strategic Innovation Network Workshop for substitution of Critical Raw Materials
February 11th 2015
Conference "SUBSTITUTION means EVOLUTION"
June 17th 2015
Royal Flemish Academy of Belgium for Sciences and Arts, Brussels, Belgium