General guidelines for authors of topical sections in pss (RRL) / pss (b)
Manuscript preparation instructions and Word/LaTeX templates
General author instructions with links to the template/style packages are available at
URL: http://www.editorialmanager.com/pssrrl-journal (Rapid Research Letters) or
http://www.editorialmanager.com/pssb-journal (Original Papers)
- If you already have a login and a password for the Editorial Manager system, use them to log in. If not, register by following the respective link (Register Now)
- Once you are logged in, you may submit your contribution by following the link Submit New Manuscript.
- You will be asked to select the corresponding project (Section/Category) during the submission process.
All contributions will be considered as submissions to pss (RRL) or pss (b) as international scientific journals.
Manuscripts will undergo an editorial consideration process based on peer review usually by at least 2 reviewers.
Rapid Research Letters in pss (RRL): typically 4–max. 5 journal pages (up to 3000 words, 4 figures)
The main criteria for consideration by pss (RRL) are novelty, significance, urgency, importance and immediate interest.
Original Papers in pss (b): no length restriction (typically 6–8 journal pages)
New and previously unpublished work of general interest, matching the quality requirements for a regular journal paper.
Further information regarding the editorial policy of the journal can be found on our homepage at http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1862-6270/homepage/2139_editorialinfo.html
See also our Checklist for Referees at
At physica status solidi we strive to provide outstanding professional publishing service for our readers and authors:
- pss (RRL) - Rapid Research Letters is currently the fastest peer-reviewed publication medium in solid state physics. With submission numbers rising, editorial priority handling maintains the median turnaround time for editorial decisions at 17 days, and at 6 days from acceptance to online publication of the typeset and proof-read Letter.
- With more than 50 years of publishing experience, all services and content available online, and currently more than 2000 papers published per year, pss provides high quality publishing standards and excellent visibility for solid state physics and materials science content.
- There are no page charges and no publication costs for authors.
- Manuscripts for pss are fully typeset. Authors will receive page proofs in PDF format by e-mail.
- Authors receive a high-resolution PDF file as an electronic reprint by e-mail. Hard-copy reprints are available for purchase at any time (before and after publication).
- Articles appear online in the EarlyView section of Wiley Online Library, citable via Digital Object Identifier (DOI), to guarantee their quickest possible release. Reference links and links to citing articles will are available via CrossRef.
- Articles are indexed in ISI Web of Science as part of the Science Citation Index (SCI)
- Colour figures will generally be published in colour in the PDF version at no cost.
- High quality cover posters showing the front or back cover of any pss (current and back) issue in A1 or A2 size can be ordered using our Reprint Order Form (PDF).
- Wiley-VCH offers the option of making your article freely available to non-subscribers (Open Access) on Wiley Online Library. If your funding organization or institute encourages you to make use of this option, please complete the order form and forward a copy of your order to the Editorial Office. See also additional information on the Online Open service or contact us email@example.com for questions.